Dried Foods, Cereals & Grains
Challenges in this Sector
Some challenges for inspection of dried foods, cereals and grains include:
- Increasing use of metalized film and foil in packaging of many products for freshness and quality, making conventional metal detection difficult to use
- Frequent stone contamination from the product itself (i.e. fruit stones) or resulting from the harvest of crops
- Seal integrity at end of line if loose product gets stuck in product seals
- Creation of combustible environments with powder-like products such as flour
- Increase in private label manufacture, requiring food manufacturers to be serving multiple retailers with multiple products
Why Use Loma?
Loma has a well-developed experience of working with many food manufacturers around the world to deliver convenience food to the consumer.
- We deliver solutions for metal detection, dynamic in-line Checkweighing and x-ray inspection, including combination systems for combined Check and Detect
- With our Designed to Survive® philosophy, Loma equipment is designed to withstand dusty environments found within many factories
- Gravity fed inspection systems such as Vertical Falls for dried snacks and the compact Waferthin for installation above bagging machines